A Little Christmas Spirit Pick Me Up...
Hi Blog Readers,
I feel like I should post something...to try and keep my faithful blog readers engaged. But the truth is... ever since the beginning of the month, I feel like all of my creative energy flew out the window. I feel just complete numbness and a little down and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because this year has been a non-stop rollercoaster ride... and the coaster if finally slowing to a stop. Perhaps it because this will be our second Christmas without my mother-in-law Barbara. I feel a big sense of responsiblity to try and make the holidays special for my family, but I realize the only thing that it really important is us being together. My husband's strength still continues to amaze me. It's weird, there are certain times when you'd think I'd be the holiday "cheerleader" but really it's Justin who really gets into the spirit. I've teased him for years.. calling him the "Princess and the Pea".....
because he likes to have everything just right.
Our home is decorated~complete with three different themes & three different trees: "Traditional Christmas" in the living room, "Winter Wonderland" in our bedroom, and we even put out a "Mom Starr" tree on our front patio ~complete with tons of little ornaments that help us to keep her spirit a part of Christmas.
Christmas Cards are out ~ finally and hopefully they will arrive to friends and family before Christmas. I can't decide if they're cute or just totally weird..oh well.
Baking~ yeah, I've never done Christmas baking...I would like to, but I fear having all those treats in my house.... Maybe next year.
Gifts~ gifts are all purchased and almost all wrapped.
Friday Night ~ Justin and I will celebrate "Our Christmas" together, just the two of us...one of my most favorite holiday traditions.
Saturday~ We well head down to CG to spend Christmas Eve with my mom, dad, and brother. This will be a first for us. We've always spent Christmas Eve at my Grandma and Grandpas, but this year we changed a 60 year tradition and celebrated last Saturday. So who knows that the five of us will actually do on Christmas Eve Night...
Sunday Morning ~We will wake up at Mom and Dad's House, were Santa will have delivered gifts to two 31 years olds, and one 21 year old ~ my poor mom, I promise she will have a grandchildren someday! Later on my Granny and Uncle Gene will join in the fun for some gift opening.
Sunday Afternoon~ we will pick up Trevor from the airport and Shannon will join late Christmas night to for our "Starr Christmas"..complete with yummy food, gift openning, many wine spirtzers ~just for you Barb.


Sounds absolutely perfect! I love you guys. Merry Christmas!
Ps. I loved your card! Totally cute!