Too Legit To Quit ....
What a year! Wow, it has flown....by! I have so much blogging to catch up on it's insane, I'm just waiting on my hubs to get caught up with editing.
Until then, I wanted to take a moment to knock off some of the items on my 101 List, mostly all pertaining to my Passion/Professional area of my list:
#40. Redesign the layout of my personal blog~incorporating more of my personality.
Okay, so truth be told I did this a LONG time ago (perhaps my faithful blog followers noticed...) but I never "checked it off" my list because in my mind it wasn't perfect and there were certain tweaks I wanted to make before actually "checking it off".
Flash Forward Update: In the next few weeks I'm crazy excited to say that I'll be lauching my NEW J.Starr Style Blog...which will be essentially a merge of my personal life and my professional life.
So what does that mean??
~I'll be blogging a lot more for starters, yeah!
~I'll be writing a lot more about my passion as a Wedding Designer, as well as day to day tips on how to enhance and stylize your life and home.
~You will see a lot less personal photos, as my blog will no longer be a "virtual scrapbook" of my life~but I will be uploading all my photos to my picasa account and sending out to our family and friends...(Great NEWS, for those of you who say..."Jennifer never gives us any pictures")
#44. Finalize my company name and structure
Done and done! Ohh Mmm Gee, it takes a lot of work to get a business up and running. But special thanks to my dear friend: Matt Wheeler... as he spent one morning and afternoon driving me into downtown Phoenix to 1.) Register my business name with the Arizona Secretary of State 2.) Took me to the state revenue agency to obtain my tax identification number. I then later followed up with setting up my business account with my bank and registered with Chandler for city taxes.
I decided on the name: "J.Starr Stylized Weddings & Events" a little over a year ago...for several reasons..
1.) People had been calling me "J.Starr" since my first date with Justin
2.) I have worked in the wedding industry for several years and I have made several contacts, my thought is that it only made sense for me to use my name and create a brand off of who I am.
3.) It's a way cool name.
#45. Get my OWN awesome website launched!
This happened quite some time ago...around February of this year. But me, being the freak I am...is not totally 100% in love with it and I'd still like to make some changes..but I keep reminding myself..."It's about progress, not perfection Jennifer"...but in case you haven't seen it check it out: www.jstarrweddings.com
#48. Have one of my client's wedding/event featured in a local magazine (for coordination & design)
This was so fun! Last June AZ Weddinngs released their new magazine and I was highlighted as a Wedding Designer. This was extra special to me because I truly adore the bride and groom! (As seen above)

