"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Granny's Lil Birthday Party

Ever since I threw my Norris Grandparents their 60th Wedding Anniversary Celebration I've been wanting to throw my lil Granny Morris a birthday party for some time now.  She's just the sweetest little lady and is blown away by the smallest of gestures. 

So we threw her a 79th Morning Birthday Brunch!! 
We had to get creative with our space, because our two bedroom condo is a bit challenging to host celebrations in....even with only 7 Guests.
For Granny all the frills were a most.... mimosas, Granny slideshows on the flat screen, flowers with peacock feathers everywhere...
And this is part of the blog post where you'll think I'm crazy.  Like I said hosting even a small party in our condo is a challenge, so....somehow I talked my amazing husband into moving our king size bed out of the bedroom so that I could use this space to entertain.... and it turned out so lovely and comfortable.
We showered the birthday girl with gifts...
And delicious "Southern" catering from Crackers and Company
Granny was blown away.....she's so cute
Chase surprised her with a poem written all about her...
She of course cried......
And my doggies are completely in love with her, so they had to join in the fun too...

Following Brunch we did some toasting to Granny and played a
"Granny" Game. 
The goal was to come up with as many "Granny" sayings you could think of. She's very unique with her "Southern" ways and the things that come out of her mouth sometimes are hysterical!
Mom made Granny a birthday cake, completely from scratch!
And we sang to our little Birthday Girl.
And she made a wish..
And life was good on that Sunday Morning in May. 
The celebration ended with the attempt of capturing a family photo.  It was comical how challenging of a task this was for this group~ but at last....we "kind' of got the shot.

Good Times, Love Lady ~ Cheers to Granny!



Melissa Jonovich (July 15, 2011 at 7:32 AM)  

So cute honey! I love it! How special!

Post a Comment