"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Mom's Birthday

The Month May Equals ~ Moms

Between Mother's Day and Mom's Birthday and Granny's Birthday ~
We do a lot of celebrating in the Month of May!

This time, it was time to Celebrate Mom's Birthday.
 
So, What did we do? We went out to dinner at Tommy's Bistro (is that still what it's called) for a nice dinner out on the patio....the food there is really great, and it's cool because we can walk there from Mom and Dad's Place.  After dinner we returned back home for some gift opening and cake....
A gift from Dad ~ I'm thinking this was professionally wrapped?
Gorgeous Crystal Martini Glasses, Nice job Dad!!
So, a birthday cake for Mom is kind of a running joke in our family.  For some reason, unknown to me each year...between the three of us ~ Me, Dad, and Chase...we can never seem to pull off a decent
 birthday cake for mom. 

All of these years, mom's always gone to these great efforts to always make us all a home cooked dinner complete with our favorite kind of birthday cake. 

It's sad... I think the guys are even more talented in the kitchen than me ~ which is scary...very scary.  We should all really just put Justin in charge of Mom's Birthday meal, I mean really.

So back to the whole "Cake" thing.  After we manage to pull together some decent gifts and get the family all together to celebrate our little Mama Jo... the three us of kind of look at each other dump-founded like... ummm... "did you get the cake"...???... "No"..???.... "did you"...???

In fact one year it was so pathetic I remember Chase I and drove to Chili's to order a slice of dessert "to go"...and when we got back home we realized that they put the chocolate sauce on the side....so we're standing in the living room, stressing out and laughing at the same time trying to "dress up" this ridiculous dessert that was completely melted all over the place.

So this year, I was determined not to let this happen... So I bought a cake, and I found out later Dad bought a cake too.... (double good job Dad!)
But now that I look at the photo, the cake still looks all sad and wimpy....

Aaaahh Mom, we love you. No one can quite get things right the way you do.  We sure do love you. 

Next year Justin will prepare a lovely meal and birthday cake, just for you!!! 

Happy Birthday Beautiful Lady!!!

Muah!

 

Post a Comment