Highlight on March 2011
In March I had consciously made the decision to try and not make many social plans because I knew I just needed to focus as much time as possible on my new job at Superstition Springs along with J.Starr Stylized Weddings. Plus life had thrown me a few challenging curveballs...(hence my blogging break). But it was a good month to adjust to all of life’s new changes and transitions.
Here were some of the highlights:
Superstition Springs Photo Shoot
This was such a beautiful collaboration:Superstition Springs, Meets J.Starr Stylized Weddings & Still Life Studios
Exactly two weeks into my job at S.S. Springs Golf Club, I coordinated a Bridal Fashion Shoot..including borrowed gorgeous gowns, professional hair and make up...and some lovely models...including my friends Melissa, Jessica, and Allison. I'll blog more about this on my upcoming J.Starr Blog. But until then, isn't this photo of Melissa just heavenly....(such a gorgeous shot, from a very handsome photographer...can you guess who?)
Kendall Tuttle Arrives
(photo borrowed from Proud Daddy's Facebook) So, funny story, Tony and Jacquie have been asking us when the heck we're gonna jump on the baby board. Last June at Justin's bowling party I told Jacquie that we weren't going to start "trying" until Tony and Jacquie had their third child. Jacquie looked at me with huge eyes and said "Jennifer that's not going to happen, we're done... two boys is enough"... Well about a month later... I get a call from Jacquie and little did she know that while we were having that baby discussion...she was pregnant! A few months later I get a text message from Jacquie sharing with us that....IT'S A GIRL! I couldn't have been happier for her and Tony! Little Kendall joined this world on March 7th.
Congrats to Tony, Jacquie, Ethan, and Jackson!!
I hope some day in the near future you'll have little Starr baby to play with.
NACE at San Tan Elegante
I try to attend as many Wedding Industry Networking Events as possible, but seriously there are so many I could probably attend one a night. So my goal is to try and hit a minimum of one a month. This month I attend NACE (National Association of Catering Executives) mainly because it was held at San Tan Elegante, where my buddy April works. She was so helpful at my S.S. Springs photo shoot, I wanted to support her when she hosted her NACE event. Great venue, great food, and awesome centerpieces by Wild Child Floral. Dinner with Sara
Oh Mmm Gee, It had been years since I was able to have a full on conversation with my dear high school friend Sara. We had a fabulous Thai Dinner in downtown Mesa. And I think I talked poor Sara's head off.... it was just one of those nights, ya know those times you go through in life and you just need to pour your heart out a little so that your shoulders feel lighter?? Well that's what having old friends is all about...and why keeping in touch with friends is so important. We had a blast together being silly girls. I love you Sar Bear, thank you for being such a great listener... I hope to see you again real soon! I'll come your way next, I'd LOVE to see Colorado!!!Justin's shoots with SLS
Lot's of Weddings happen in Arizona in March... and Justin of course shot a few. Here are some of my favorite shots of his from his March Weddings:

Justin begins 4th Rotation
March kicked off Justin's final Rotation. What's a rotation? Well the final year of P.T. School, students are required to do "rotations"... which means a full time job at different locations, with no paycheck. It's on-site learning and continued education...and it was a great experience..we're just eager to be DONE with school!! Justin's 4th Rotation was his most enjoyable rotation...but I'm thinking that's because he's ready! And now that countdown begins to GRADUATION!!
"Flashing Lights, Fashion Show"
(Me and all my lovely Models ~All models dressed in bridesmaid dresses by Twirl Bridal)
My most exciting, exhausting, and thrilling experience of March was the WEN (Wedding and Event Networking) Event I coordinated. Back in January I committed to taking on this event. I knew that if I did this it would force my hand with my company. So this was kind of like a "J.Starr Stylized Weddings" debut for me. I know my blog readers have known about my company for quite some time, but this was the first time I was "debuting" to the Event Industry~ which I'm not going to lie was a little intimidating. WEN is an event that happens every month but I wanted to really take it to the next level, to show my talents off to all of my industry peers.
(Me and Renata)
So, along with a great partnership with Still Life Studios we threw a pretty snazzy Flashing Show, appropriately titled: "Flashing Lights, 2011". I coordinated all of the vendors including catering, bartenders, cake, dj, photography, videography, models, model's wardrobe, professional hair, and professional make up...and with the help of one of my very talented designers:
Renata Hodl....all of the decor.
(All the vendors rushed in following the end of the fashion show with a big hug...awwee)
And when it was all said and done, the event was a true success... but what meant the most to me was all the very special, crazy talented people in life whom I love so dearly...and greatly treasure my friendships with.
Look for more awesome photos from this night on my upcoming J.Starr Blog.
March 26th
Is a very special day to us. March 26th marks little Olive's Birthday (she turned two this year), Our "Dating" Anniversary (nine years since our first date), and most importantly....Mom Starr's Birthday (she would have been 60 this year).
(The famous flying pig made an appearance at the concert)
So, Trevor flew in for the occasion and Justin, Trevor, Shannon ("the boys" as Barb called them) and me all went to "The Pink Floyd Experience" in Downtown Phoenix. Justin had the idea of going to the show, because it would be something fun we could as a family to honor Mom Starr. She always loved Pink Floyd, she had even attended a Roger Waters concert back with me, Justin, and Shannon before... (before we were married). I remember thinking to myself at that time, wow Justin really has a cool mom.
Happy Birthday Mom Starr, we love you .
Casa Grande Ruins with Aimee
And the month ended on a rather random note. Aimee came home!!! She had been traveling the world for several months and she was finally home!! We had so, so, so much to catch up on. She went for one of our famous drives ~an odd tradition that started ever since I got my drivers license. Somehow we ended up at the Casa Grande Ruins...don't ask me why or how...we just did. We looked at the ruins for about 5 seconds, and then talked for hours ~seriously like 4 hours straight on a bench looking at the Casa Grande Ruins, we were finally kicked out. It was one of those days, those conversations that will go down in A & J history. I love you my friend, welcome home.....
please don't leave the country for that long ever again :)










