"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

New Job Update....




 So, I've officially been at my new "day job" just over 2 months now.....
Director of Weddings at Superstition Springs Golf Club

For some reason it feels like I've been here at least 4 months.  Perhaps that's because I'm a freak and I simply refuse to do anything simple. 

Truly I think sometimes it's a sickness I have, give me the easiest task and about five minutes.... and I will surely find a way to overcomplicate it.  I don't like that I'm this way, I just am. 

Want some examples....Okay... I'll give you examples pertaining specifically to this new job: 

 Business Cards:  I couldn't go with the standard "company" card, nope not me... I had to have mine designed specifically for me and wedding specific.

Ballroom Layout:  The ballroom had been set the same way for nearly six years or so.... but I just couldn't get past the layout of the ballroom.  So what did I do?  Changed it... that's right I asked the staff (it took a team of five guys) to disassemble this dance floor and move it ...so that the ballroom looked more visually pleasing depth wise.

Photography/Website: The photos that the club had been using prior to bringing me on board....were..ummm.. to put it nicely... DATED.  So I had my team of amazing photographers come out one night, and I coordinated a Bridal Fashion Photo Shoot.  Complete with borrowed gorgeous gowns, professional hair and make up, beautiful models, rented tables, specialty chivari chairs, and gorgeous centerpieces. 

Magazine Ads:  I just couldn't bare running with the same ads that the club had used before, I had to completly re-do them.

Organization Systems:  Specifically the BEOs (Banquet Event Orders), Master Event Calendars, and Folders/Filing System.... Yep, again.....I'm a freak...all of these things had to be changed too...and they're not simple tasks...plus I had to get the whole team on board

Weekly Open Houses:  Guess what I'm doing every Wednesday night from 5:30~7:30??? I hosting a Bridal Open House.  It's a night were a perspective client can come up a view the venue, meet me, talk pricing, and hopefully fall in love enough to book their wedding here.  We glam it all up...complete with chair covers, centerpieces, candlelight, love songs.

Wedding Packages:  Though I didn't change the menu (you never want to make a Chef mad, trust me...I learned this a long time ago)...I did put together an all-inclusive Vendor Package... I'll call it "Starr Style", because I'm a huge nerd like that...  

My Office: Early next week my office will get a new makeover, complete with new paint, decor, photos, and lighting. 

So, lately I've just felt so exhausted...but now when I step back and think.... I know why......it's because I'm a big freak... and I can't make anything simple.  The staff all seem like they like me, but I'm sure secretly they're all thinking who is the weird girl??? 

Overall though I must say... I'm really happy.  I love this job.  And I'm excited to share more SUPER FUN updates on my "night job" .....JStarr Weddings & Events, stay tuned. 

At this moment, life is good.  I'm hoping that I've gotten all of these changes and projects out of my system for a little while....and maybe one day someone will teach me how to make life simple????
   

Sarah (April 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM)  

Get. IT. Jen. I'm so happy for you!! I want to come see you in your new element. Also, I'm glad I'm not helping redecorate this office.

Allison and Mason: (April 21, 2011 at 5:21 PM)  

but you know what... that's what makes you incredibly amazing at what you do! One of a kind!

Post a Comment