Is Blogging Too Braggy?
I had a great conversation last week with a past co-worker. She was commenting how much they enjoyed reading my blog and I was encourgaging her to blog. And her response back to me was... I love your blog, but sometimes when I read other people's blog... I just feel like they're too braggy~and they make life appear all happy and perfect.
She nailed it!!!
That's been my struggle with blogging since the day I started.
You see, that's the BIG difference between journaling and blogging. Kind of like the BIG difference between acquaintances and best friends...atleast for me.
I tend to try and steer away for blogging about heartache in my life, things that make me angry, and things that could potentiallly hurt other peoples feelings.... topics of religion, politics, sexuality, relationship dynamics, and all of thoses other socially taboo topics. Don't get me wrong I have my down days and very strong opinions but I choose not to share those things on my blog...because it's just too public and those subjects are personal.
Believe it or not.... me (yes me the "showboat", as my mother would say) is for the most part, is really a private person. I share my thoughts with my journal (if and when I'm keeping one at the time)....but mostly I share these thoughts, concerns, hard times with my loved ones in a one on one, face to face kind of conversation.
And don't get me wrong, I know several people...who put it out there for the world to see (some of whom I even admire)... I'm just not that gal.
I guess the point of my blog post this morning to apologize to my readers if my blog ever comes accross "braggy" and cheesy ;) I treat my blog like my virtual scrapbook for the most part... so that I can look back at and remember great memories. I know the "storms will always come"...but that's what makes the good times so good... right?
I've just kind of been pondering this subject for awhile and thought it would make a good blog post, I'm curious to know other's opinions on the topic???
She nailed it!!!
That's been my struggle with blogging since the day I started.
You see, that's the BIG difference between journaling and blogging. Kind of like the BIG difference between acquaintances and best friends...atleast for me.
I tend to try and steer away for blogging about heartache in my life, things that make me angry, and things that could potentiallly hurt other peoples feelings.... topics of religion, politics, sexuality, relationship dynamics, and all of thoses other socially taboo topics. Don't get me wrong I have my down days and very strong opinions but I choose not to share those things on my blog...because it's just too public and those subjects are personal.
Believe it or not.... me (yes me the "showboat", as my mother would say) is for the most part, is really a private person. I share my thoughts with my journal (if and when I'm keeping one at the time)....but mostly I share these thoughts, concerns, hard times with my loved ones in a one on one, face to face kind of conversation.
And don't get me wrong, I know several people...who put it out there for the world to see (some of whom I even admire)... I'm just not that gal.
I guess the point of my blog post this morning to apologize to my readers if my blog ever comes accross "braggy" and cheesy ;) I treat my blog like my virtual scrapbook for the most part... so that I can look back at and remember great memories. I know the "storms will always come"...but that's what makes the good times so good... right?
I've just kind of been pondering this subject for awhile and thought it would make a good blog post, I'm curious to know other's opinions on the topic???

