"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

I've finally realized something....

Yes, it's true......

I've finally realized something that my mom's been trying to tell me for years......

Twenty days shy of my 30th Birthday and I have realized that:  It takes much longer for a woman to start her day off properly than it does a man... therefore a successful woman must wake up and start her day much earlier than her man. 

I've been fighting this for years......wanting to stay in the nice warm bed until Justin has hit snooze for the very last possible time and then.....
all of a sudden it's as if he puts his magical wings on and flies around the house for ten minutes....getting dressed, eating a quick breakfast, and he finds me (still stumbling around the condo, looking for a warm blanket or robe to wrap around) to kiss me goodbye and he's OUT THE DOOR!!

Each morning I stand there in a daze....wondering how does he do it?  How is he possibly ready to go in ten minutes....and the only thing I've accomplished is getting out of bed, and did he even brush his teeth???  It shocks, amazes, and let's be honest COMPLETELY ANNOYS ME!!!

After he leaves I spend the next hour and half to two hours doing my rituals.....and I'm constantly left wondering.....why I can't seem to ever be out of the house before 9:30am?  I've been spoiled because with my work industry...I don't necessarily have to "be at work" at any certain time....unless I have early appointments.  But it doesn't change the amount of work I have to get done once I'm actually at work, so I'm always left staying at the office into the later hours of the night.

So, this morning......I GAVE IN.   I woke up early....took the pups out for their morning walk, fed them....and now I'm enjoying my cup of Maxell House International Hazelnut Cafe cup of coffee while thoroughly enjoying my blog session.   Yeah me, I'm a grown up?!?

At this rate I will still have time to pack lunches, get in a 30 to 45 minute morning workout, dress, shower, eat breakfast, pick up a little and be out the door by 8:15/8:30...we shall see how this goes :)

On a side note, I had the most fantastic refreshing weekend ever, the house is clean, laundry is done (and FOLDED & PUT AWAY), bills paid, dishes clean, and we even got in a sushi date night....life is good.....

Melissa Jonovich (November 10, 2010 at 6:41 AM)  

Jen,
You sound so happy. So proud of you, you big girl you! xoxo

Sarah (November 11, 2010 at 8:16 PM)  

Jen, one question do you get paid some sort of royalties for mentioning the full name of your coffee brand? If not you should because you sold me. I'm so proud of you! I seriously lay in bed until the very last possible second and then I rush, does not make for a smooth morning.. no. Also, I can't believe you're going to be the big 30! Seems like yesterday we were celebrating a 28th birthday.

Post a Comment