Most Precious Time Spent (Blog Catch Up from April)
(taken at our wedding in 2006)
Okay, this is going to be another hard blog to write, but I feel it helps to reflect back. On March 30th, we had learned that Justin's Grandmother: Ruth Conley has passed away at the age of 92.
She was such an amazing person. Although I only had the opportunity to meet her twice (once at our Wedding, and once last year when we went out to Ohio to visit) I knew she had quite a "spark" about her.
After hearing of her passing, we soon realized that we would be flying out to Ohio Easter Weekend, to be with the family and attend her memorial services. So here we are (below) on Easter Sunday, after the plane ride and hotel check in... having "Easter Dinner" at a sports bar.
And (although this may sound a little weird considered we were in town for funeral services)... we had such a wonderful time following this dinner! The boys~ Justin, Shannon, Trevor and the girls ~Barb, Aunt Linda, and Me decided we would hit the hot tub!
(Linda and Barb...the eldest sister and the youngest sister)
(Justin's brothers...Shannon and Trevor)
(Trevor showing Justin some brotherly love)
(Justin really loved his smooch)
(This photo is too funny.... we had no idea Shannon was behind us when this photo was taken)
**************************************************************************************
Then the following two days were full of activities to honor Justin's Grandmother. On the last day we attended her memorial service at a church in Westerville. At the end of the service Justin thought I would be a good idea to take some family photos.
(Barbara and her sisters: Carol, Barb, Linda, and Sheila)
(The Tompos Family)
(Carol, Tim, and Linda)
(Justin's entire extended Family)
We have to appreciate the very precious time we had together during this weekend....











I've always thought that funerals are a great place to take family pictures, although it's not the norm. But seriously, they are important events when everyone is there. Aren't you so glad Justin decided to do that? But whenever I think about how close those 2 ladies left this world, my heart just aches. I really can't believe this happened, still. Her death and Roy's death, both, feel very unreal to me because they were so unexpected and rocked my perception a little bit.
On another note, I think that hot tub pic of you and Justin and Shannon is FABS.
thanks Bri, I agree...photos help to tell the stories we later forget... and they become more and more precious as time goes on.