"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Megadate (Blog Catch Up from March)

Spring break, Spring break, Spring break?  Is it weird that we're still talking about Spring Breaks?  Ha, not around here!  So we just had a one week break from Justin's program and really wanted to do something fun, exciting, adventurous... but with my work schedule, his wedding shooting schedule and life in general it just didn't seem possible to pull off a trip right now.
So what did we do instead? Well we had a mega date.... which really was a ton of fun!  Starting with me coming home to roses on the dining room table.....xoxoxo
Justin took me for an oh so fancy dinner at the Ocean Club in Scottsdale (a place I've always wanted to go)!  We had an amazing dinner truly... the food just melted in your mouth... and the drinks were over the top too... I think I had this one: The Smoking Cosmo....
and although we didn't order one, the seafood towers were just so luxorious looking~Next time for sure!
Justin did surprise me with a pre-arranged dessert with my name....(although Chef misspelled my name) it was very sweet ~does he know how to romance me or what??
The next morning, we spent with the pups... a quick trip through Starbucks and then off to the "dog park" (well at least Sammy & Olive's dog park)...
Sammy met a boyfriend at the park....
The relationship didn't last long... she said he was kind of dumb....
Followed by an afternoon matinee of Tim Burton's "Alice and Wonderland" in 3D, which was really fantastic.
 I get REALLY annoyed when I hear people say they didn't like it.  I just have such appreciation for the amount of design that went into that movie, it just blows my mind!  And seeing it in 3D was really cool ~ at first I was kind of tripped out, like am I going to enjoy this in 3D the whole time????.... but once I let my mind go... I was just mesmerized! 
( We had a "Down the Rabbit Hole" Halloween Party a few years ago~probably the best Halloween Party we've had so far... seeing this movie made me realize... I'm not done with this theme yet..I'm going to HAVE to revisit again soon...perhaps "Through the Looking Glass Style"??)
Then, the most random party of our staycation/megadate was the Ostrich Festival.  Now, we've lived in Chandler now for about 6 1/2 years... and I always felt kind of like a bad Chandler chick for not attending the city's overly promoted event~ so I decided we must go see what all the fuss if about.
Gross....
More gross....
Now, I have to tell you I honestly thought the Ostrich races were totally weird... I didn't like watching those jockeys grab on to the birds neck and just yank on them... it kind of grossed me out ~ but I guess I'm weird like that.
.....these two little cuddlers reminded me of our pups....
.....Well hello there......
  But, none the less... we had fun, walking about... petting the baby goats and sheep, watching the monkey show and dog water races. 
I laugh looking at this photo~I'm wondering if this is what Olive will look like in her old age???
Love this~I'm going to do this one day... I have to...
Piggy races are so stinkin cute.....
How cool is this shot, Justin got?
And this one...kind of reminds of the movie... BIG FISH, I have no idea why..the lighting I guess...
Justin's favorite part the Dock Dogs... so cool. 
And this was probably my most favorite part of the festival, convincing Justin to take a photo with this little ostrich lady~and I laugh when I look at this because all I can think of is what Justin told me after the photo was snapped...
Oh, AND another favorite part was running into my sassy little friend Kimmy and her adorable family.....

All in all it was a super fun megadate weekend.....

Post a Comment