SURPRISE ~MASH Style! (Blog Catch Up from March)
Ladies and Gentlemen...please allow me to introduce you to one of my most favorite people in the world: Renata Hodl!
Seriously, I just adore her. She's very talented, crazy hard working, and way too humble and I feel so honored that she's my friend.
I met Renata just about six years ago... she was working at Seville as a server and I had just started as the Membership Coordinator. We hit it off right away...chatting about all the fun things in life.... one of my first memories of her is one day she brought in photos of her and her hubby and their hot air balloon adventure, complete with all the romantic touches...that's when I knew we could be great friends~Renata really appreciates the beauty in life....fresh florals, fine wine, new ideas, and she loves her desserts and coffee!
Throughout my time at Seville my role and Renata's role changed several times, along with GMs, new ownerships, and several office location changes. Ultimately we both ended up as directors of our departments ~Me: Private Events....Renata: Banquets... and what a great team we made together! Although I don't get to see her on an everyday basis anymore, I'm so thrilled that we've managed to keep in touch:)
So over a year and a half ago...Renata told me that she wanted to throw her husband Marc a Surprise 40th Birthday Party~ and she wanted to do a M.A.S.H theme. M.A.S.H. was Marc's favorite show of all time and she was certain of two things: the theme had to be M.A.S.H. and the party had to be a surprise! Although I didn't get to see Renata put together all the fun final details of this event.... I was so happy that her dream for her husband's most special day came true. And she did such a great job pulling it off!
I brought along a professional camera and did my best to take some decent shots...Justin had given me a ten minute lesson prior to me leaving the house that day....I later found out that I had made some critical photo taking mistakes, but luckily Renata knew that I was just practicing...none-the-less...here are some fun shots from this day...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARC!
Check out the army swagged ceiling.....
Custom shirts for all the party guests......
Signage around the room.............
Best part was of course....THE SURPRISE! Renata had told Marc that he was scheduled for a bartending shift that day..Marc was kind of bummed about having to work... Renata had caught up with him as soon as he was on propery and asked him to carry a bottle of wine over to the meeting rooms.... so in walks Marc with the heavy box (see his look of surprise?)..and Renata (grinning from ear to ear)....
Marc was so touched....it was so sweet............
The food was even set up to match the theme, complete with trays and all!
The cake was outstanding!!!! And oh so Yummy!!!
Adorable family moment......Renata and Marc has a precious little one named Sebastian.

And Sabastian had to have the first taste!

The girls of Seville...past and present....
And the party continues........
My precious little Stinkerbell was my date (although this photo is somewhat scary looking)....it was one of those days when Justin had so much studying to do he just couldn't swing attending the party with me (that's the life of a grad student)...so I was so happy when Chase at the last minute said come pick me up Sis, gotta luv little brothers.











Wow, I feel so Honored and moved by all the beautiful things you said about me.
We go through life looking for the "big mission" our purpose here on earth,not realizing that maybe sometimes the little things in lief matter more, especially to others. I think we always learning from others and evolving into people that we want to be around. (so that we can say yes -I would have drink with myself:) the commercial...anyways)I think you are that person, always have time and a kind word for others. You don't just dismiss their stupid ranting, You have time to appreciate all of the crazy's for something that they might not even know they have within themselves. Thank you for helping me see things and believe in myself. Thank you for being my friend.
Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.