Thanksgiving 2009
So Much to be Thankful for this Year......
Thanksgiving PART ONE:
We celebrated Thanksgiving down in Casa Grande at my Mom and Dad's house. It was a true "homecoming" for my mom and dad because for the first time in 29 Years their home has been childless for the past six months (since Chase started college)....so I think they were a little extra excited to have their kids home for Turkey Day.
I got to spend some time with my little brother ~ for the first time I'm slowly starting to feel like we're "kind of" the same age ( it's getting harder to believe that we're 10 Years apart)... finally my little stinkerbell is growing up ~ or maybe I'm getting less mature.
My mom makes wonderful meals and has always made the holidays so special. I'm quite certain she is the number one reason I'm an event planner ~ since I was born mom's been making life's events extra special. Next year I might (and I said might) take on the task of preparing the Thanksgiving meal. We hosted Thanksgiving at our home the first year we were married... and haven't done it since. Mainly because our little condo can only accommodate so many guests.
How darling is the photo? This is my little Granny and I adore her. She used to make AMAZING Thanksgiving meals.... complete with her southern touches, I'm hoping she'll prepare another Thanksgiving meal for us in the near future ~ maybe I can talk her into helping next year.
We brought the cheese tray.... this is one of Justin's creations... he's really talented in the kitchen... which is the reason I've stayed out of that room for the past six years... but I'm determined to wiggle my way back in this year!!
My lovely Grandma Jane! I love hearing her holiday stories about her seven children and all the fun they had together... just amazing!!
The Morris crew: Granny, Mom, and Uncle Gene
I'm very thankful for my loving husband.....
Grandpa Jim!! Is such the perfect Grandpa....full of laughs, jokes, and great stories. My Grandpa is truly an inspiration... he's always happy and laughing.
The Norris crew survived another Thanksgiving.
*********************************************************************************
Thanksgiving: PART TWO
We celebrated a second Thanksgiving at Justin's mom's home on Saturday night! We always have a fun and relaxing time at the Starr home.
Our first Thanksgiving with our little Olive! And boy was she trouble. This photo cracks me up, this is our little girl on the couch eyeballing the Turkey... had we not moved the turkey in time I'm sure she would have jumped right on top of the bird.
Justin's brother Shannon ~ a little camera shy....
Justin and his sweet mom relaxing after the big feast ...
Justin is a HUGE dog lover, I mean HUGE. I love my dogs but I only "kind of like" other dogs. I can now see why Justin is the way he is about animals....his mom is HUGE dog lover too!!















Beautiful pics Jenn!! Can't wait to see Christmas post!