"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

"Berried" Treasure Pie

A New Traditon Begins... to Honor a Very Special Mother....

Barbara always made these delicious pies on Thanksgiving and Christmas for the family.  She always made several of them, making sure that there was plenty for each of her children to take home and enjoy for the following week.

I could never pass up Barb's Berried Treasure Pie ~ it's just heavenly and was just one of the many things Barb did to show love. 
The night before Mother's Day we decided to make Barbara's "Berried Treasure Pies."
I was truly excited because although I had savored the taste many times during the special holidays, I had never made one before.  So Justin and I decided we would make
a night out of it.  (This Marks # 2 on 101 in 1001)


Complete with all things that Barb Loved....
Wine Spritzers and Jazz Music
We decided to make 3 Pies Total ~ One for Granny, One for Mom, and One for Grandma...and then delivered them the following day. 
And of course "Dings" and "Dolls" got in on the action too.
We hope to make this a yearly tradition and in the future share with our little ones special stories
 about "Grandma Starr"

Happy Mother's Day Mom Starr ~ we love you and we miss you.



Joyce (July 13, 2011 at 10:12 AM)  

What a sweet evening. Love those times spent "remembering".
We miss our mamas too :(
xoox

Kim Nicholls (July 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM)  

You are the most thoughtful person Jenny. I just love you and all the love you have inside your huge heart. What a great memory of Justin's mom and sweet that you thought to do all that for everyone. I JUST LOVE YOU!!! xoxo

Post a Comment