How Much is Too Much?
Sigh..... Well, as you can see I did not end up spending the day blogging last weekend.
Though I wanted to, my heart just wasn't into it.
Though I wanted to, my heart just wasn't into it.
One question I've always toyed with since I started blogging.... is How much is too much?
It's just wild the think all through high school... I never even had an email address. And now, it seems like everything in the world is ONLINE. It's crazy.
So back to my question, How much is too much? When it comes to blogging/facebook, is there a line? How many times have you read someone's post and thought... wow..too much information! Being open and honest can help people feel connected to you and even do wonderful things with to your career and image...but at the same time can be damaging.
So now that I'm a real "grown up"... and I'm starting my own business (launching a professional website) I've been really pondering on what to do with my blog and how much to share? Do I make my blog private... or do I always remember not to cross that line when discussing personal feelings and thoughts? Will sharing my insecurities, thoughts, and fears be a good thing or will it be damaging?
Should there be rules about personal blogs vs. professional blogs/websites? I really desire to create a brand as an Event Designer that is approachable, comfortable, genuine, imperfect...
I've thought about launching a new blog that will be professional... but a part of me wants to link this blog to the new blog...to give my clients a view into my heart... but....How Much is Too Much?


So here is my vote, although you've already decided to stop personal blogging. I think that if you end up missing the personal blog, just make it private. I don't think it's a great thing for your clients to know too much about your personal life because, let's face it, there's no way to measure people's weirdness once they're online.