"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Reflection on Valentine's Days....

  Hello World and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Yes, yes it's true....I'm one of those gushy people that loves days like today.  I remember as a little girl, I would get so excited to make my little valentines mail box at school, pick out those silly little cards~picking out an extra special one for whoever was my little crush at the time, and pass out pinky sprinkly cupcakes, and always eating a ton of those little message hearts....

So in the spirit of Valentine's Day...I thought I would be fun to reflect on past ones...with My Love....

2004
Though we started dating in 2003, our first date wasn't until March of 2003, so our first Valentine's Day was in 2004.....Justin made the BIG mistake of setting the bar really high ;)  Complete with roses, jewelry, and an entire day filled with a ballet at the Orpheum and dinner at Zinc Bistros.



2005
I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but at one point we decided that we would take turns planning Valentine's Day each year.  So this year was a date that I had planned...with dinner at the Farm at South Mountain and a customized dessert for my Valentine.... 


(I'm not a fan of this photo but it's one of Justin's favorites for some reason...he even has it in a frame in his office.....the bracelet and necklace were a gift from him, that particular Valentine's Day)

2006
Would you believe that we don't have one single photo from this year?  In fact, yesterday we could barely remember what we did this year.   We finally determined that this was a year that Justin planned Valentine's Day, and he took me to Flemings (because I had never been before). 
We were just a month and 1/2 away from our wedding day, and I remember I was dieting hard core.  And after we had this meal, I got so so sick!!  I hadn't had such savory in food in such a long time that my body went into shock~not very romantic...perhaps that's why we don't have any photos....

2007
Our first "married" Valentines Day....and I guess we decided to "share" the planning of this day.  As I planned a delicious breakfast for my sweetheart (actually I think I served "Einstein's Bagles" on fancy plates). Justin took me to Tomasos later that night for a romantic dinner.



Though we had a romantic dinner, I remember the service being really bad and slow and the meal not tasting that awesome...I think that's when we decided that moving forward we would A.)  Never celebrate Valentine's Day on "actual" Valentines Day...because everyone else did...making the experience not so great or B.) Have dinner at home
2008
This year makes me laugh.....I don't really remember a lot from it, and this was the only photo taken....Judging by the spread of gifts it looks like it would have been a fabulous time, but Justin likes to tell the story as ...
"the valentine's day you got pissed at me"
I remember this being a really busy time...work wise for me and school wise for Justin...and we had decided just to stay home and have a nice dinner..... I remember Justin asking me...."are you sure, you're going to be okay with this?"...and I kept saying..."yes, I'm so tired let's just stay home".
Apparently (though I hardly remember this ;)....I came home from work to find Justin on the back patio grilling up some steaks...and I then decided that wasn't "romantic enough".... thus.... as Justin so eloquently puts it... "the valentine's day you got pissed at me" ....I'm guessing that's why we don't have any lovey dovey photos from this year :)  Poor Justin (he really shouldn't have set that bar so high the first year)
 .....I've gotten better, I think...I hope;)


**Ever since this Valentine's day, we've celebrated dinner at home...so at least this started
a new tradition**
2009
For whatever reason, it was Justin's turn to plan Valentines Day again this year...... perhaps to make up from the year before:)  I came home from work to fine a little Valentine's day picnic set up in our living room.....just perfect...


You can read more details on this particular year here on this past blog post.....

2010
Hmm... even though this was just last year, = I can't remember which one of us planned this year.... I think it was a mutual plan...just a nice relaxing night at home, I think we ordered Olive Garden to go....nothing too super memorable.....but nice.



You can read more about this particular Valentine's day here on this past blog post.....

2011, This Year...
Guess, you'll just have to keep reading my blog to find out!  Since Justin has his rotation today~we celebrated yesterday.  I planned Valentine's Day this year... and this morning as Justin was leaving he told me..."I think yesterday was the best Valentine's Day we've ever had". 

I'm glad my love, you're the reason I believe in days like today......Happy Valentine's Day...
..I love you








Heather Kinkel (February 14, 2011 at 6:13 PM)  

You two are two of the most adorable love bugs I've ever ever seen!!! I hope this year was lovely and memorable and you two keep the traditions going... Hugs!!

Bri (February 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM)  

So sweet....SOOOOOO sweet! I only have pictures of one Valentine's Day. Donnie bought me 2 dozen roses for some insane reason. I think that was OUR first married VDay, because in the pictures I look about 14. I have aged a lot since then...no carding for me the other day when I bought cheap screw top wine.

Post a Comment