Big Announcement # 1!!!
I have a new job!!! Yes, again..... I'm crazy I tell ya!! In all actuality I've been considering the idea for quite some time... perhaps I should back up a little....
What have I been doing professionally up until this point?
I left Seville back in December of 2009 where I had worked as the Private Events Director. I had a wonderful experience at Seville for over 5 years....but I was at a point in my life where I wanted to shake things up, grow, learn, and branch out to the Wedding & Event Industry in the phoenix valley....because it's huge!!
I went to work for Still Life Studios in January of 2010 as their Sales & Marketing Gal. I had partnered with Still Life Studios previously at Seville, selling their services in my "Seville Experience Packages", plus Still Life had shot my wedding in 2006, plus my talented husband is subcontracted through Still Life to shoot weddings....needless to say... Still Life is like family to me.
So, I've been with Still Life for the past year and we've worked so hard to partner with other venues, and have done such a great job....because we have some amazing sites that our team gets to shoot nearly every weekend. And let me tell ya....doing Sales and Marketing for a team of such amazing artists/photographers/and designers...was a total cake walk, because it's easy for clients to see why they should book SLS!! The most amazing part of my experience with working for SLS is all the new people I've met, and all the new venues I've seen!!
In August of 2010...Chris Nagy, owner of the lovely Regency Garden called me. His business partner had just moved out of state and he needed someone to come in and help with Sales and Wedding Coordination two days a week. So I jumped in....while still keeping my role at Still Life and balancing both jobs. Regency was a wonderful experience because I was able to see a new side of the wedding industry....a Private Venue. Chris has poured his heart and soul into Regency...and it shows! The way he runs and operates Regency is completely different than a corporate setting...and it works~considering he books well over 100 weddings a year.
Well after Christmas....I started feeling the urge to challenge myself again in new areas...so what did I do? I applied for a new job. As much as I LOVE Still Life & Regency.... Still Life is Matt's "baby", and Regency is Chris' "baby"....and I'm ready for "my" baby again.... after taking a year off from being in the Event Director role, I was ready again.....
So, What am I Doing Now? I just accepted a role at..... Superstition Golf Club as the Director of Catering & Events!! I'm totally excited about have a new property...and blank canvas....just waiting for me to put my
"Jennifer Starr" into it!!!
It's a totally unique property...very different from Seville and Regency. It reminds me of a "Southern Plantation" as the ballroom sits up at the top of the hill. I'm totally inspired to "define" the feeling...I need to do some research and totally build, brand, and market....I love a new project!! I'm thinking very "Gone with Wind-ish"...perhaps I'll turn the bridal suite into a "vintage" glam theme.
One thing I know for sure....I will learn how to golf!!! I still can't believe I worked at Seville for 5 years and never once picked up a club, I'm determined this time!!
I already have a Bridal Fashion Photo Shoot in the works....if you know of any beautiful woman who would like to be in a shoot and still have a dress that fits and is "in style"... please let me know:)
I officially start my new role on Tuesday February 15th, and I can't wait to get things rolling. I will still try my best to partner with Still Life one night a week for client meetings and hopefully on Mondays to help with marketing efforts...and I'm sure I'll still do some coordinating at Regency from time to time as well. I'm so thankful for all that I have learned over the past year...it certainly wasn't an easy year emotionally...but I learned so much from all the people in life.
A special thank you goes out to
Matt Wheeler and Chris Nagy..... thank you both for all you've done for me....
your energy, spirit, and love is contagious!!
**Blog Readers stay tuned for one more big announcement that believe it or not....I'm even MORE excited about!!!**








All these exciting announcements!!! Congratulations Jennifer!! What a beautiful place to be working at. I'm so excited for you and I'm sure you will make that place nothing more than AMAZING!!!
As for a bridal shoot!? If you are still looking for someone, I'd LOVE to sport my wedding dress again!! I've just started running again and I'd be willing to bet I'd still fit into that dress. Plus I'm just looking for an excuse to put it on again. You know how girls are. ;)
I can't wait to hear about your next announcement!!
Wonderful, awesome news Jen!!!!! So proud of you and your energetic spirit to bring fun into the lives of everyone you know! Best wishes on the new role, hope it is a wonderful experience!!
xo
Congrats Jenn! I can't wait to hear about your next announcement! I love my dress but due to two children I can't fit in it right now! I'll ask around for other ladies!
OMG Jenny!! You need an assistant!! I'M ALL YOURS!!! haaaaaaaaaaaa!!! j.k....but it's fun to think about :) Good luck, not that you'll need it. I'm so proud of you, you are such a grown up! You are going to be so amazing at Superstitions, that place is beautiful! LOVE YOU!!! xoxoxo