"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Go Fish!

  One hot summer day in September I decided that I had to get up to Forrest Lakes to visit my Grandparents. My Grandpa and Grandma Norris have owned a cute little trailer up north for about ten years or so...and they spend the majority of the summers up their. It had been several, several years since my last visit up there (and Justin had never been) so a quick little day road trip was in order.

At first I was planning on going by myself, because Justin had so many things going (although I can't even remember what they were now)...but at the last minute he decided to join me, which of course made me very happy! So up the mountains we drove.....
My dad was already up there with my uncle Bill.  We were able to spend some great time with dad...fishing and going off roading in the Polaris. 
I even caught the first fish!  I have such great memories of fishing with my dad when I was a little girl....even as a child I was always kind of a girly-girl....I have a distinct memory of getting so mad at my dad because he would try and make me, bait my own hook...and I did not want to touch those worms!!!  I'm pretty sure even though Dad would try and make me tough, after enough of hearing my screaming and carrying on, he would give in..and bait the hook for me. 
Although our little visit was very short and sweet, it was great to spend a little time with my Grandma and Grandpa...and hear the wind whistle through the trees, and just "be" for a little while.

I'm so glad we made it up there, it had been a goal of mine for quite some time... I can now mark not one but two items off my 101 in 1001...
# 4. Visit Grandma & Grandpa up a Forrest Lakes
# 75. Go fishing

It's a nice reminder that no matter how busy life can get, or how long the to do list is....it's important sometimes to able to just stop, enjoy, and be still....




Post a Comment