Random Thoughts of the day....
On this Tuesday morning I can't help but wonder...why does blogging feel so great? I feel such a release and sense of accomplishment when I hit the publish button..but why, I wonder?
I wonder what it would feel like if I kept a journal, would I feel even better because I could disclose my feelings on a much deeper level knowing that no one would read them? Over my lifetime, I have about 5 journals... each with about 5 to 10 entries..and then several years go by until I start another one... with a more mature cover and design look to it. I've never been good at really keeping one, but I wish I did.
It would really be interesting to see a study of some kind done on the effects of blogging vs journaling.
Hmmm... you see, for me and my blog, I treat it more like an online photo album for everyone to see and to better keep in touch with family and friends on a day to day basis. And the best part is people can view it as often as the like or never even look at it~I like that about it... and I never know who's following it. Rarely I hop on and post something that's effecting me that day/or on my mind in the present time. I'm thinking I want to get my blog caught up enough, so that I can start using it more to share my daily thoughts?? Perhaps I make this too complicated? Some times I think my brain only works in chronological order.
It's weird, sometimes I hear people make comments in random conversations relating to a blog post from a month ago and I think...oh wow, you read my blog? and other situations where people who I think would read my blog (aka one of my best friends, let's not mention names...although her last name is a famous toilet brand) will say something like "Oh, I didn't know you went on a cruise, where did you go". Seriously???
So to my readers... I'm asking you all a couple questions... please post your answers as comments...if you don't have a google account or blog.. just simply check the anonymous option and write your name in the text box.
1.) Do you journal? Do you blog? Do you do both? What do you prefer?
2.) What type of blogs do you enjoy following? Ones where people post several photos and up to date info on what's going on in their lives? Or ones where they write funny daily comments, thoughts, and stories, or both?
I wonder what it would feel like if I kept a journal, would I feel even better because I could disclose my feelings on a much deeper level knowing that no one would read them? Over my lifetime, I have about 5 journals... each with about 5 to 10 entries..and then several years go by until I start another one... with a more mature cover and design look to it. I've never been good at really keeping one, but I wish I did.
It would really be interesting to see a study of some kind done on the effects of blogging vs journaling.
Hmmm... you see, for me and my blog, I treat it more like an online photo album for everyone to see and to better keep in touch with family and friends on a day to day basis. And the best part is people can view it as often as the like or never even look at it~I like that about it... and I never know who's following it. Rarely I hop on and post something that's effecting me that day/or on my mind in the present time. I'm thinking I want to get my blog caught up enough, so that I can start using it more to share my daily thoughts?? Perhaps I make this too complicated? Some times I think my brain only works in chronological order.
It's weird, sometimes I hear people make comments in random conversations relating to a blog post from a month ago and I think...oh wow, you read my blog? and other situations where people who I think would read my blog (aka one of my best friends, let's not mention names...although her last name is a famous toilet brand) will say something like "Oh, I didn't know you went on a cruise, where did you go". Seriously???
So to my readers... I'm asking you all a couple questions... please post your answers as comments...if you don't have a google account or blog.. just simply check the anonymous option and write your name in the text box.
1.) Do you journal? Do you blog? Do you do both? What do you prefer?
2.) What type of blogs do you enjoy following? Ones where people post several photos and up to date info on what's going on in their lives? Or ones where they write funny daily comments, thoughts, and stories, or both?


I like journaling better, but it's kind of not so fun to read it over later, because I usually only write when I am feeling something really strongly.
When I write I try to remember that other people will be reading it. That's not always a good thing, and it can be limiting. Lately I've been injecting little daily thoughts into my blog because, look, it's mine and I'll do whatever the hell I want.
The blogs I follow are mostly about random things that happen to people I like. I also read blogs written by people with obscene numbers of children, just so I can get ideas, or even feel better about my life. Sad but true. I subscribe to a few recipe blogs, not that I read them very diligently, but I pretend. There are a few blogs I follow because they're written by really really funny moms (these are chock full of random stories and curse words!), or because they talk about things that I'm sort of interested in, like embroidery and thrift store fashion.
I love your blog! Love it!
1. I blog and journal. I love blogging, though I feel I don't have cool stories about things in life BUT I love that creativity and freedom to write feelings and interests.. Journaling is hard for me, thats a place where I can write some of my true feelings about guys, parents, etc etc without the feeling of being judged for being negative or opening a box I know I can't close again. But my journal lacks.
2. I love reading blogs about daily life with pictures especially since some people I follow I'm not close by (aka the Starrs). I love reading about hobbies, interests, funny stories, goals.. etc etc. I feel it inspires me in either my blog or life. I don't however enjoy reading about breast feeding. (I seriously have a friend who wrote a full blog about breast feeding, and how much her baby ate and what time) A. Gross and B. Boring. Anyway, I love your blogtastic!