"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

So....today was weird....

This morning I woke up and kept saying..."I gotta get up, I gotta get up, I gotta get up".  I knew I had to get moving early because I had so many fun things planned for the day....

Brunch at Cafe Crumba with some of my very favorite girlfriends and former roomies: Andrea & Melissa..... A Baby Shower this afternoon to attend of my former co-worker and uber darling friend, Jessica... and then perhaps catching a Belly Dancing Performance later this evening with my hubby.. of my buddy Bridget's belly dancing troop at Memos in Tempe....

So after Justin gets back from walking "the girls" (the famous duo....Sammy & Olive Starr) this morning he tells me in a concerned voice.."Baby, I want you to be extra careful on the road today, I have a weird feeling".  I say "umm okay".. as I'm running around the house trying to find matching heels, a certain purse, my mac lip gloss, and my camera.... you know the drill.

Okay, so I'm on route to my first destination and I'm way excited because we haven't had any "girl time" in quite awhile and had many many things to discuss and get caught up on.  So I'm driving North on the 101 in the far left side (the fast lane of course) when all of a sudden I feel this huge "jolt" as if I had just slammed on my breaks (but I hadn't) and my car starts slowing very rapidly and becomes hard to steer... so luckily I throw on my blinker and my hazards... and travel five lanes to the right trying to get off on the nearest exit.... thankfully, there weren't too many cars on the road.....I exit off and pull over immeadiatley... my heart is about to jump out of my body....

I turn off my car and call Justin...he tells me to try starting the car again and .....nothing.  Long story short... my dear hubby comes and rescues me.... ( remember people it's JULY in ARIZONA!!) and we end up needing to tow the car because the problem is most likely electrical.....I never made it to meet my girls for brunch.

Okay, so you would think the story would end there right? Nope.  After cooling off at home, I gear up to go out again to attend Jessica's baby shower... this time I take Justin's car (well my old car...that Justin drives because he's the best hubby in the world).. and as turn the key I realize our 2nd car..WILL NOT START!!  With one car in the shop, and the other completely dead I then have to make another phone to cancel my plans.... I never made it to the baby shower....

By the time Justin was able to get the battery replaced in our second car... it was late in the evening....So we never made it to the Belly Dancing Show either ~Sorry Bridge.

All in all, I guess I just wasn't suppose to be driving today...I'm thinking we have a pretty amazing guardian angel looking over us these days...... just thought I'd share.

Allison and Mason: (July 10, 2010 at 10:17 PM)  

Wow! That is strange. Two cars in one day and your hubby felt weird about you driving... that angel decided to take matters into it's own hands to keep you safe. I'm glad the day ended alright.

Sarah (July 11, 2010 at 7:17 PM)  

How bizarre! You just have to think of it as maybe there was something worse out there and something was keeping you from more danger.. you'll never know.

But on another note.. Jessica is having a baby??!! That's awesome!!

Post a Comment