"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

The Time is Now....

"It's that moment when your guests walk into your world and are captivated by their senses being stimulated............................all at the same time"

 Alright, so as you may know due to past blog posts.... I've recently made a job change. I decided to leave Seville and challenge myself in different ways in the event industry. Many of my loved ones thought I was crazy to leave such a great solid job in the middle of a recession (and especially with my spouse being a full time grad student) .... but I REALLY believe in following your heart and instinct when you know it's the right time.

Thankfully my amazing husband who knows that I'm always thinking with my "creative" mind, rather than my "rational" mind was unbelievable supportive through this time.... truly... such a believer in me.

So as "cliché" as the saying goes "when one door closes another one opens....." it's TRUE!!! I've been so unbelievable blessed with opportunities.......truly so exciting!!! I've actually had to turn some great offers down, which just completely blows my mind.

So what am I doing now? Well.... I'm finally taking the plunge and following my true passion by.... "officially" starting my own Event Design & Coordination Company!!! I have so many fun ideas, connections, and plans in the working. I will be releasing more exciting details in due time ~ please stay tuned! And a big thank you to my family and friends who have supported and encouraged this direction!

Through these developmental stages,  I still have a mortgage to pay:)... so I've taken a great job offer with my dear friends at Still Life Studios doing all of their Sales & Marketing! Matt and Dani Wheeler have owned and operated Still Life Studios for just over six years and they have grown their business into a multi-shooter studio, photographing well over 120 weddings a year! Matt asked me to join his team to help continue grow the business by using my sales background and industry connections. It's a very different role than what I had before, but I'm really enjoying learning from such successful entrepreneurs.

Stayed tuned for more details to follow.... I'm still putting several pieces of my dream together ~ but I'm so thankful to have this time and creative people in my life to make this vision..........finally, become reality. 

Heather K (March 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM)  

Congrats Jennifer, what wonderful news (totally made my day)! I am honored to be in the picture you choose for this blog entry :)
You are so very talented and will do amazing things with your company. Please let me know if I can do anything to help!
xoxo,
Heather

Jennifer Starr (March 10, 2010 at 8:42 AM)  

Thank You Heather!!! I wish I could work on it full time at full speed... but all good things take time;) I LOVE that photo from your wedding ~ I had never noticed it before!! Such a cool shot ~such a beautiful bride!! I still need to see your wedding album.... and YES I'd love for you to write up a letter I can post on my website when I launch! xoxoxo

Allison and Mason: (March 10, 2010 at 10:01 AM)  

That is WONDERFUL that you are starting your own company. It's inspiring to hear about you following your 'creative mind' instead of your 'rational mind.' I think more people should be like that. We'd be much happier in life! Good luck with it all. I'm sure you will be FABULOUS!

Post a Comment