Stefani Meets Starr Style
One of my top ten moments of 2011 for sure! It's no secret that I'm a huge No Doubt fan and truth be told I have a total girl crush on Gwen. It's been on on-going crush for years. She's talented and beautiful and of course ultra cool... but there are many other reasons why I look up to her and her sassy ways....
1.) She's different. Her style is unique to her
2.) Homegirl has millions, but she still keeps it real. In every interview she come across very confident and still humble ~ I love that.
3.) She went from her high school sweetheart to her husband...dating very few guys in her life... similar to moi. My heart couldn't have handled having lots of boyfriends.
4.) She focused on launching her career before starting her family. Though she always wanted to be a mom, she didn't have her first baby until she was 37. And she still rocked the "hot mom" look. No, I don't plan on waiting that long but it inspires me not to put so much pressure on myself.
5.) She claims to be a poor time manager, and says it's passion that drives her not organization and discipline. STORY of my LIFE
Okay, I'll stop there before you start thinking I'm a total weirdo. Needless to say, I love me some Gwen! I've seen her in concert four times now. The most AMAZING concert of my life thus far, was at America West Arena when No Doubt opened for U2.....it was right after 9/11 and I was there with my girl Addie Jo....it was their Rock Steady Tour and it was BEST!
So I've always wanted to try and sport the Gwen look for Halloween, and with Aimee in town for Halloween this past year...we were CRAZY excited dress up as Gwen and a Harajuka Girl!
Aimee nailed her look, naturally!
And we of course asked Justin to take a million photos of our vain selves......
I had bought three bleach blond wigs... but just couldn't make them work for me. I looked more like Tom Petty than Gwen Stefani...it was frightening... so in the end I went with my natural hair.... so it was more of an "Inspired Gwen Look".
And this completes..........number 79 on my list!





LOVE IT!! She's an amazing woman and so are you Jennycakes :) You have your own style, passion for what you love and the love of your life! The future is just as bright baby...go for it! ALL of it!! xoxo