I don't like feeling sad....
I'm so hesitant to blog...... it just seems so.... surface to me right now and my feelings are so personal... I'm sad that I never had the opportunity to throw my amazing mom in-law a wonderful celebration when she was alive..... I just feel as if no matter how much heart I put into her special day this Saturday, it just can never be enough to honor her.... I so wished I would have asked her a million more questions~

You are so strong Jenn... thanks for blogging what you can about this difficult time. Its my way of knowing how you are doing. Please know that if I can do anything, even if its bring you something, give you a hug, or just listen I'm available!
I don't think I've ever seen this picture of the 2 of you. It is beautiful, and look how comfortable and relaxed you are with her!
I really believe that what you are doing is enough. She is being honored again and again and again, every time people think about her and talk about her. Something that comes out of working for nursing home and hospice patients, especially as a nurse, is the impact you get to have on people. I know all those families she's helped through the years are remembering her and loving her and thanking her, even if it's silent. It's not all up to you or her boys or the rest of her family to make her service perfect, because honestly, she was a walking celebration of what living a selfless and genuinely good life could look like. What a gift to those who got to know her!
I agree, though, that thinking about what she went through makes me so sad. I wish she'd had more of a chance, and you'd had more of a chance too.