"There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard... No song I could sing... But I can try for your heart...Our dreams, and they are made out of real things... Like a, shoebox of photographs... With sepiatone loving... Love is the answer, At least for most of the questions in my heart... Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard? It's not always easy and... Sometimes life can be deceiving... I'll tell you one thing its always better when we're together..."
Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Blog or Not to Blog???


So...it's Saturday Morning in the Starr Bungalow.....

I call it a Bungalow because our "condo" is actually on the second floor and is on a corner~ so we have all kinds of windows with huge trees surrounding us and an awesome view of the lake.  I call it a "condo" because we do actually own it... although in today's market I'm not sure we'll ever be able to sell it.....oh well it's perfect for us right now. 

So it's Saturday........... and the only thing I have planned for this entire weekend is going to see "Mary Poppins" the musical with my mom this afternoon at Gammage.

Justin on the other hand has loads of homework and is photographing a wedding tonight.

I've debated how to continue blogging?  More recently I've switched from my "virtual" scrapbook style of blogging to a more journalistic approach..... not sure it just kind of happened..  Which is okay I guess....although I'm a big fan of keeping consistent "themes".

The other thing I struggle with is... not a ton of my friends blog, a few do... but not a bunch.  I go on other people's blogs and it seems like they have a ton of friends who blog ~ and I think how awesome is that.. they can see photos from all the fun things going on in their friends lives.....

Me on the other hand, wonders do my friends keep in touch with me less because they see my blog and know what's going on in my life???  If that is truly the case then I will stop this crazy blogging addiction today my friends!

I'm just really concerned that  people are turning to technology to keep up with their relationships more and more.... especially with facebook and texting...

ONE of my BIGGEST PET PEEVES....is people who simply shoot off a text or post a comment to someone one their birthday!!!  Okay sure, if it's truly just an acquaintance that you maybe talk to once in a great while... I guess that's okay .... but if it's really a true friend or family member that you actually care about deeply ... pick up the phone (remember the phone?) and CALL THEM!  I've been guilty of doing this myself, but I'm going to really challenge myself to keep in touch with people less electronically and more face to face or by phone. 

In the meantime, I'm still debating..... as to whether I shall continue to blog or not....

Really not sure where this blog started or ended today....just random Saturday morning thoughts before coffee. (maybe that's my problem)

Allison and Mason: (February 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM)  

But then people who you don't keep in contact with much get to read about your life and feel a part of it and connected - like me! I have been thinking about your dog all week.

So... I'm a fan. You need to recruit more of your friends to blogging. :)

Chip (February 27, 2010 at 12:10 PM)  

Jen: Thank you and Justin for the great job you both did last Sunday. Then you had to come home to a sick dog. So sorry.
How is Olive? No mention in your most recent blog. Hope all is ok.

Again, thanks to you both for a job very well done.

Chip

Jennifer Starr (February 28, 2010 at 6:44 PM)  

ahh... thank you Allison! You're so sweet and too really enjoy reading about your life and feeling a part of it!!!

Chipper!! thank you, what a busy weekend but we truly had a blast!!

My little Olive is really recovering quickly! I'm inspired now to write an update blog her!!

Bri (February 28, 2010 at 7:34 PM)  

YES! See, people are reading! They just don't always tell you they are.
Blogging is tough for me to keep up with, but I think if you get something out of doing it, then keep it up. In some ways I think it's more fun than journaling because you get to insert the pictures.

Sander Family (March 6, 2010 at 7:08 PM)  

BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE READING WHATS GOING ON WITH YOU. MY WAY OF FEELING LIKE I'M A PART OF YOUR LIFE. PLEASE DON'T STOP

Post a Comment